Step 1: The Discovery Phase
Our projects begin with a discovery phase where we get to know what makes your business and your customers tick. This sets the tone for the project.
We need to get a good feel for who you are, what you stand for and who the people you plan to serve. Only then can we begin to create a design that portrays the value you offer in a way that resonates with the people who matter: the people you want to do business with.
- Discovery Questionnaire: The Website Worksheet
- Existing Brand and Creative Marketing Audit
- Existing Website Page and Navigation Audit
- Kick off meeting: Introductions + Discovery Review
- Content Strategy Follow-Up Workshop (Optional)
Step 2: The Plan and Structure
- Creation of New Website Page Sitemap (complete page outline)
- Creation of New Navigation Hierarchy Sitemap
- Set Up of New Website Development Environment
- Gathering of Domain and Hosting Credentials (via secure form)
- Hosting Plan Evaluation
- Evaluation of Third Party Software
- Website Base Structure aka "The Prototype" is built (no design)
Step 3: The Design and Content
Based on the discovery work, we will create a customized design concept to support the brand, business and user goals. This will be presented with a high-level page design (typically the home page concept) plus key user interface module layouts, navigation design and a website style guide. Once we have your design direction locked-in, we can begin to construct the website.
- Website Design Direction Approval!
- Website Content Delivery (supplied by client)
- Gathering and Creation of Graphics and Imagery
- Client Owned Imagery to Be Delivered by client
- Photography and Graphics such as Illustrations and Icons (stock or custom) to Be Procured by the client)
Step 4: Website Development
This next phase is where we roll up our sleeves and begin turning the prototype and interface designs into a fully working website.
- Framework and Navigation are Built with Responsive Breakpoints
- Website Pages are Built with Branded Layouts
- Graphics and Content are Added
- Existing Blog Data is Migrated to New Website (If Applicable)
- Third Party Software is Intergrated and Skinned with Brand Styles
Once all pages are built, we'll present it to you and go through the details in accordance with the objectives originally set.
- On-Screen Website Click-Through is Scheduled and Conducted
- Client To Deliver Final Changes, Amendments, Edits
Step 5: Launch
Once all of your details are ready to go live, we begin the launch process.
We put the new website through a pre-launch check list to insure nothing is missed and the launch goes smoothly.
- Set Launch Date (allow for three day "content freeze")
- Testing & Quality Assurance Checks (Pre-Launch Check List)
- Move to Live Servers: The Launch!
- Announce to Search Engines (and your community!)
- Congratulations—Time to Celebrate!
Care and Support
We provide training and support with every website we build to be sure you can jump right in and make the most of your new asset.
- 30 Days Email Technical Support Starts the Day of Launch
- We'll Schedule a One Hour Staff Training Session with Screen Share and Q&A
- We recommend a Website care plan for ongoing maintenance and support